The Tri-County Cancer Coalition is a non-profit organization that serves cancer patients in Laurel, Knox, and Whitley Counties through support and financial services. All of the services provided are funded through donations and grants.
All members of the coalition are volunteers and are not paid by coalition funds.
You can download our informational brochure here:
The Laurel County Health Department supports the Tri-County Cancer Coalition by being an active participant in coalition meetings and activities and by referring cancer patients for services provided by the coalition.
Vision: To assist cancer patients and survivors in reclaiming their lives. It is our goal to achieve this vision through compassion, commitment, knowledge and support.
- Reduce incidences of breast, cervical, lung, testicular, prostate, skin and other forms of cancer in Knox, Laurel, and Whitley Counties.
- Increase access to preventative care.
- Increase access to treatment.
- Increase awareness and provide education.
- Link people to needed services.
- Provide community coordination.
- Collaborate with agencies and businesses to further our mission.
- Linking individuals to screening services Cancer patient support Cancer education and information
- Linking individuals to tobacco cessation programs in Laurel, Knox, and Whitley Counties
- Provide transportation funds for cancer patients traveling to and from medical appointments
- Provide needed supplies including: wigs, bandanas, turbans, scarfs, lymphedema sleeves, breast prosthesis and bras, nicotine replacement therapy medications, nutritional supplements.
The coalition accepts donations in the form of wigs, mastectomy bras, turbans scarves and bandanas. You may drop any donations off at one of our local health departments.
Financial donations are also accepted and can be mailed to the coalition’s post office box listed below.
Applications for services or supplies:
If you are a cancer patient and would like to apply for services, please complete the application that corresponds with your need below.
You may mail the completed application and all required documentation to the cancer coaliton post office box listed below.
*Please be aware that specific types of documentation must be included with your completed application before we can process the application.
If you have any questions about what documentation is required, you may contact your local health department at the number listed below.*
Laurel County – 606-878-7754
Knox County – 606-546-3486
Whitley County – 606-549-3380
Applications and donations should be mailed to:
Tri-County Cancer Coalition
P.O. Box 1331 Corbin, Kentucky 40702.
Please make all donation checks payable to: Tri-County Cancer Coalition