Qualifying for WIC and What to Bring to Your Visit

To be eligible for WIC, you must:

  • Be pregnant, breastfeeding, or postpartum OR
  • Have infants or children under the age of 5 years
  • Have a household income at or below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level (see the WIC Income Guidelines Page of our website)
  • Provide proof of household income OR
  • Have a medical card, KTAP, or food stamps OR
  • Have a pregnant woman or infant in the family who receives Medicaid or KTAP
  • Be a resident of Kentucky

When you come to your appointment, make sure you bring the following items:

  • Proof of household income, such as pay stubs, W-2 forms OR a current medical card
  • Proof of residence, such as current bill with your address, a current bank statement, lease agreement, mortgage agreement OR a current medical card
  • Proof of identity, such as a current driver’s license, birth certificate, social security card, shot record OR current medical card


*If someone other than the baby’s mother is coming into clinic to add the baby, please call our office at 60-864-5187*

Program integrity

Selling or trading WIC formula, foods of e-WIC cards is program violation that could result in criminal charges and/or disqualification from receiving future benefits.

Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866)632-9992, Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

mail:  U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

fax:  (202)690-7742; or

email:  [email protected]