Nuisance Complaints

Environmental Health personnel conduct investigations on nuisance complaints regarding failing septic systems, rodent and/or vector harborage, garbage disposal, etc. Complaints are conducted in accordance with KRS 212.210.

What to do if you have a complaint:
  • Gather necessary information (if available): location of nuisance, name of owner, address, phone, etc. The more information you can provide the Environmentalist, the quicker they can respond.
  • Contact the local Health Department and file the complaint.
Photographs or any other evidence may be beneficial to the investigation.