Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
Medical Nutrition Therapy one-on-one nutrition counseling provided by a Registered Dietitian (RD).
Counseling can be provided on the following nutrition related topics and diseases:
- Weight Management
- Eating Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Diabetes – Type 1 and Type 2
- Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
- Pregnancy and Weight Gain
- Food Allergies
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Kidney Disease
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- High-risk Pregnancy
- Bariatric Nutrition Counseling (Gastric Bypass and/or Lapband)
- Infant eating problems
- and others (call to find out more)
Medical Nutrition Therapy is a billable service. Laurel County Health Department does accept some insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid. To find out if your insurance is accepted, call us at 606-878-7754.
*If you are uninsured or your insurance is not accepted, the fee charged will be on an income-based scale. You will be asked to report your household size and income in this instance. If you choose not to disclose this information, you can agree to pay the full charge for the visit.